ECHO - Within Reach (2009 ECHO - Within Reach (2009

very nice!

The composition is great, the only real issue I have with this piece is the lack of humanization of the piano. What I mean by that, is everything just seems so robotic, mainly due to the timing. If you edited the velocities and added some pauses, some crescendos, some expressiveness, then this would be perfect to me. Well done!

Echo responds:

well yeah, humanization has always been a bit of a problem, mainly cos im used to making electronic music, and there's less need of humanization in that . Still, i tried to put some humanization in this one and i put certain random values on notes which resulted in tiny pauses between some of them.

Anyway, tks for the review and the 9!

Darklight17

.:Lost Causes:. .:Lost Causes:.

pretty good try

I really enjoy the composition of the song, and the samples used sound good together. That being said, I only have 2 real issues with the song: the guitar bends sound out of tune and out of time to my ear. Also, once the hi hats come in, there is not enough variation in the drums. A 1 bar fill, or even a changed hi hat pattern would make this sound much better. Overall, good work, I enjoyed it.

GronmonSE responds:

I assume it's the guitar at the beginning. That one's terrible, I'll admit.

And the only fill I did was adding bass drum hits every 4 bars. Should have added more variation I guess.

Thanks for the review.